Shrimp curry is a typical dish of the Thai cuisine, surprisingly simple to make.I know looking at this dish may sound exotic, far-fetched and that would probably scare off some folks. …BUT it is not.
Prep Time 10 mins Cook Time 20 mins Total Time 30 mins
- 1- 1½ lb. extra large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2-tablespoons virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 1 teaspoons fresh minced thyme
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- ½ -1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1-cup coconut milk
- ½ red bell/ green bell pepper diced
- 2 cups broth or more or less
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper(optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil over medium heat in a heavy bottomed Dutch oven
- Add onions, garlic, thyme, curry powder and sauté for 2-3 minutes. While you saute, add scotch bonnet pepper.
- Add tomato paste, green onions, followed by coconut milk, and broth. Bring it to a boil then simmer for about 7-10 minutes. Toss in shrimp, and bell pepper. Cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Adjust for salt/pepper and thickness. Serve with Jamaican rice and corn pigeon rice and/or vegetablesYou can have it with Rice, Noddles etc.